The best form of carpet cleaning is always prevention. Taking proper care and maintaining your carpet will save you money from having to buy expensive cleaning products. Never rub rashly and carelessly at a carpet stain, this may only cause it to smear and become permanent. Also, doing this will weaken the fiber causing your carpet to wear out quicker. Stains that are not treated well often reappear at the surface of your carpet. You may have thought you’ve cleaned the stain, but soon after you’ll see the same making its way to the surface of your rug. To prevent this, cover the stain with a thick cloth and weigh down with something heavy overnight, allowing the cloth to absorb the stain, then, clean as usual. Never use an iron or a hair dryer to dry a carpet stain; this will only seal the stain permanently on your rug.
Make sure to steam clean your carpet or deep clean it as often as needed. To have a clean carpet, you need to have it either cleaned by a professional carpet cleaner or you will need to use a deep cleaning machine. You could also purchase a deep cleaning machine or rent one at your local grocery store, such as Ralph’s Grocery. There are advantages as well as disadvantages to each of these choices. The point is that a thorough cleaning will be needed at the very least every six months to a year.
For particularly obstinate mold and mildew, you can go in for a non-chlorine bleach or lemon juice and salt solution for colored fabrics. Else you can just slightly brush the area with a solution of hydrogen peroxide (one part of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide to five parts of water), provided you are sure that the solution doesn’t harm the fabric of the carpet.
Watch for spills and take care of them quickly to maintain a clean carpet. Just using water on the spill will help most spills. And, if that doesn’t work, expand your search. You will find several products on the market that can help you to get rid of spills quickly. These products range in uses and can be helpful when you match them with the type of spill that has occurred. You can also use a mixture of water and vinegar to help you keep the stains out. Taking immediate action can help to prevent spills from becoming stains leaving you with a clean carpet.
A clean carpet is one that is taken care of. Take the time to vacuum often enough and make sure to do it correctly. That means going over the floor in several directions to allow the vacuum to pick up all the debris it can. A high quality vacuum is the best choice. Make sure to use it correctly as you are directed by the manufacturer. Also, make sure to keep the bags or containers empty and filters clean as well. As much as possible, use the mildest cleaning products available in the market on your carpet. Use only harsher ones with stubborn stains and certain spillages. Mild carpet shampoos are still always the best solution. When using a cleaning product, the trick is “read the label and follow the manufacturer’s instruction” if not sure check the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet)
The proper use of an entrance mat will help clean off people’s shoes and will keep most of the tracked in soils off the carpet surfaces. When using entrance mats there are two very important considerations for making them as effective as possible. The first is the mat must be long enough length should be between 6 to 12 feet long, with 10 to 12 feet long being the best. There also needs to be mats placed outside the building. These will remove the larger particles of soil. The second is they must be cleaned on a regular basis before they reach the point of total saturation. When a mat reaches this point it can no longer hold the soils and they end up spilling onto the floors it is protecting. Monitoring areas outside the building and well positioned entrance mats are ways we can prevent most of the soils from entering the house or building. Not matter how efficient your protective maintenance is, a certain amount of soil will get in. About 80% of soils that enter a building or house are dry. The remaining 20% are oils, greases and starches. The dry soils are easily removed by vacuuming and as long as they are removed on a daily basis it will help minimize the damage.
Having a clean carpet is more than just healthy. It can also prolong the life of the carpet. If you have just installed the carpet, you already realize the expense involved in doing so. But, even if you have not just done this, you probably realize the benefits of keeping your carpet clean. It will add value to the home if it is well maintained. It will help to keep the home odor free as well.
About LA’s Carpet Cleaning Solution: We provide rug cleaning, upholstery cleaning, carpet cleaning & maintenance, water damage restoration, air duct cleaning and much more. Call now (818) 358-9231 for professional cleaning services!